BE PROACTIVE - INCREASE YOUR WILLPOWER
"A successful person has the habit of doing the things that failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either necessarily, but their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their Purpose."
Not performing an activity that you know you actually should is also known as procrastination. Everybody suffers from procrastination. Here are some examples
- Watching television after a day of work rather than cooking a healthy dinner
- Having a drink with some friends instead of doing your administration that is due in two days
- Fixing something that has been broken for quite some time already, however you don't feel like it although you know it will structurally benefit you if you would.
To combat this reactive habit and turn it into proactive behaviour do the following exercise
Back to Exercises
- Pick up a paper and make three columns
- In column 1 write down at least 7 things for the coming week (1 per day minimum) that you normally tend to postpone
- In the next column write down the benefits of performing this activity
- In the last column write down what holds you back to perform this activity
- Look at your list and decide if it's worthwhile to train your Willpower by performing these tasks just for the coming week
- After the week look at your list again. How do you feel? Was it worth it? If you say yes to these questions, go for it another week!