BREAK FEAR DOWN
Once one gets 'lost in thought' you can easily be swept away by the incessant stream of thoughts. It paralyses you and prevents you from doing what you should. This exercise helps to break down the mental delusion.
Back to Exercises
- Get a paper and pencil
- Imagine your Fear. Visualise the scenario. See it happening (e.g. getting fired, the end of your relationship, getting ill)
- Write down the scenario and how you have experienced the visualization
- What is the impact of this worst-case scenario in the short run?
- What is the impact of this worst-case scenario in the long run?
- What is the likelihood of this worst-case scenario to happen?
- If it happens what do you have to do to overcome the situation?
- What are the potential benefits if you will face your Fear?
- What will be the impact of these potential benefits for you?
- What is the likelihood of the potential benefits to happen?
- Now imagine that your best friend would ask you for advice on this choice. What would you advice him?
- Go with that decision